that's our james

Disclaimer: This is my blog. No one else's. This is what I think about stuff. If others think the same thing, it's up to them to express it. The sole purpose of my writings is to keep my friends and family informed. My opinions are just that, opinions so don't get to worked up if something offends you. Thanks.

13 September 2006

Thanks for watching…



You would not believe the incredible find I found (there’s gotta be a better way of saying that). I was walking in the neighboring town of Kucove with Ryan the volunteer who lives there. As we were walking down the long hill from his apt to the center, there on the side of a road was a gem of a throw-away. What could it be, what could it be? You guessed it, a TV-less Tv. The tube was gone and only the shell remained. I was stoked. I’ve seen better but it was clean and seemed to be exactly what I wanted that night. I convinced him that if the Tv-less TV was still there on our ascent, I could take it back to his apt. Low and behold, my fine piece of electronics (does is still count as an electronic if all the electrical parts have been removed?) was valiantly waiting for me.
Ryan and I proudly carried the TV shell home. In all honesty, I’m not too sure that he was impressed with my find, let alone proud. The next day I was returning to Berat by bus so I was unable to take the TV with me. Lucky Ryan got to enjoy the TV for a little while longer, though I do not believe that he thought of this experience as a matter of good fortune.
As a week of antagonizing anticipation, last night I was reunited with Stevie the TV (yeah, that’s a blatant Friends rip-off). This rapturous reconciliation was possible because of another exciting development. My friend David, a missionary living with his family in Berat, purchased a vehicle and had decided to take Katie and myself for a ride. We ventured over to Kucove to get some Ballash Diesel (I’ll explain later) and to have a drink. While in Kucove, we met with Juliet and Ryan. Ryan asked if I wanted to take Stevie back with me. How perfect is this. Not only do I have free transportation to Berat, with David old school Land Rover, I had a vehicle to do all the work of climbing the hill for me. BTW, the bus usually costs $.70 one-way, cheap by American standards but not so cheap when you only make around $200 a month. Also the bus takes 40 minutes but in a car the trip takes 15 minutes. Man I need to get a chauffer. I’d drive myself but that’s against the rules.
Around 9:00 pm Stevie was introduced to his new home. Now all the remains is to determine the most totally rad way to reuse him. I am open to suggestions. Already on the list are: place fish bowl with fish inside, do puppet shows in the winter, hang pictures I color, place the laptop inside and pretend it’s a TV, books, plants, and maybe a shrine (to whom or what TBD).

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger james said...

LOL. I could do my own local weather station. I mean it would be completely made up but whatev.

TV Xhejmsi. I like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home