that's our james

Disclaimer: This is my blog. No one else's. This is what I think about stuff. If others think the same thing, it's up to them to express it. The sole purpose of my writings is to keep my friends and family informed. My opinions are just that, opinions so don't get to worked up if something offends you. Thanks.

20 September 2006

My first wedding...


Last week I attend my first Albanian wedding. Good Times.
The picture is of me taking part in the traditional circle dances done by Albanians. To my left is the groom Redi. These circle dances are not reserved only for weddings but form almost on their own and then take over the dance floor, or whatever space is available. It's quite fun.

Weddings here are much more involved. It's not a one day affair. I am still not sure what all is involved. There are separate parties for the bride and groom. The party together is the largest festivity. I'm not sure about this but depending on where the wedding taking place or the traditions observed by the families, there might be some ceremony when the groom comes to the house of his new bride to take her away from her family and to begin their life together. I am pretty sure I am missing lots of details and finer points. Sorry.

This particular wedding event was for the groom Redi. He works at the Bashkia. Last Thursday we all went to the restorant across from the castle and had a lunch with lots of eating, drinking, and dancing. Generally just a quality way to spend an afternoon of work.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are quite the elegant dancer, huh? Love the BIG smile!

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you shaved your face. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home