that's our james

Disclaimer: This is my blog. No one else's. This is what I think about stuff. If others think the same thing, it's up to them to express it. The sole purpose of my writings is to keep my friends and family informed. My opinions are just that, opinions so don't get to worked up if something offends you. Thanks.

12 October 2006

Bedankt..

That's Dutch for "thanks."

A huge Thank You to everyone who sent me birthday love. I had a good birthday. It was rather odd because on the actual day, I didn't do much at all.

I went to work, they surprised me with some cake. I received a package with some treats from Peter and when I returned to work after lunch, my counter-part gave me a small carved wooden plaque of the city. That's all.

I was sick that day so once I was home I didn't leave. I just spent the evening at home relaxing. It was a bit of treat because I was house sitting, enjoying the surroundings of a beautifully restored house from the late 1700's.

I celebrated my birthday with friends on Thursday and had a grand ol' time. I will tell you more about that once I get the pictures from Katie. Suffice to say, desserts were consumed a plenty :)

Thanks again for the cards and calls. It meant a lot to me.

4 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bedankt looks a lot like
bedonk a donk ?!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger james said...

OH anonymous. Who are you? This is scary. You see, bedankt is one of my favorite Dutch words because of that exact reason.
Very astute anonymous.

 
At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's me, Angie!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger james said...

Hehe. Of course it's you, Angie. Who else would make that connection. I'm so proud of you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home