that's our james

Disclaimer: This is my blog. No one else's. This is what I think about stuff. If others think the same thing, it's up to them to express it. The sole purpose of my writings is to keep my friends and family informed. My opinions are just that, opinions so don't get to worked up if something offends you. Thanks.

22 November 2006

Gobble, Gobble...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Like many of you, I will be doing some traveling and enjoying a generous feast. Families from the American Embassy volunteered to host volunteers for Thanksgiving. I do not know the family I will be dining with but I have been told they are great people. I will also be joined by Kate & David (from Peqin days, they're good people) and some others.

I assume we will we eat the meal at the family's home which is located in the American compound. Talk about surreal. The heavily guarded area looks like a normal suburb in the States, with it's grassy lawns, attached garages, and SUV's in the driveways. It's very Pleasantville-esque.

There's a chance I will get to watch some American football too. That would be awesome. I miss football.

Oh and remember that regardless of your situation, you have something to be thankful for. Just the other day I said that after Peace Corps I didn't know what I was doing or where I was going. The world is open. My Albanian friend looked at me and said, "No, for us, it is closed." We ARE forunate to live in the Land of Opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home