that's our james

Disclaimer: This is my blog. No one else's. This is what I think about stuff. If others think the same thing, it's up to them to express it. The sole purpose of my writings is to keep my friends and family informed. My opinions are just that, opinions so don't get to worked up if something offends you. Thanks.

25 April 2007

Run, baby, run…

Yay. I finally dragged my lazy butt out of bed and went for a run this morning. I’ve been trying (not too hard though) to start my running routine again. Several mornings I’ve woken up early, started to get ready, only to mysteriously end up asleep in my bed again. Yesterday I woke up early, actually got out of bed, had a snack, and rinsed my face and hair (ironically I get really funky bed head from the little hair I have left), went to get dressed only to find that all my running shorts were missing. Dios Mio!
I searched everywhere and located only one pair out of three. I’m guessing that I left the others Stateside. Oops. I guess I will have to go to the gabi (open-air used clothing market) shopping. That’s ok, I’m always looking for an excuse to go gabi-ing.
Gabi-ing is one of our coping strategies. The goal is to find tacky, hideously ugly, ironic, vintage, or Euro trash shirts. The second goal is to purchase these shirts at extremely reasonable prices. Personally my goal is $1 or less per shirt. Sadly the gabi in Berat is a little pricey. I usually can haggle them down to $1.50 per shirt, especially if buying more than one.
My winter gabi quest was “old man” sweaters. I found a couple good ones, two of which are argyle. If I was going for Cosby sweaters, the sky was the limit. I can do ugly t-shirts, not awful sweaters. What can I say, I’ve got standards.
In the last two weeks, I purchased six t-shirts and a sweater vest (yep, that’s right a sweater vest). These items totaled all of $11. Nice.

I’m a little behind with my posts. I will be posting about my Earth Day activities soon. I got a cranky. It was fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home