that's our james

Disclaimer: This is my blog. No one else's. This is what I think about stuff. If others think the same thing, it's up to them to express it. The sole purpose of my writings is to keep my friends and family informed. My opinions are just that, opinions so don't get to worked up if something offends you. Thanks.

06 March 2007

snail mail...

My day just turned awesome.

I am now the proud possessor of the Colts vs. Patriots game (thanks Jane) and several dvd's (thanks Kirk&Casey). Plus I got some postcards which will be promptly displayed on the walls of my cavernous corridor (thanks Jessica). I also think I have a small package from Mona coming but I am trying not to think about that. I like the surprise. The movies are well timed. As I am trying to stay in Berat more, I need more things to watch and I just finished watching a friend's season 1 & 2 of West Wing.

On the downside, I am still having "tummy troubles." I could go into details but I'll assume you don't want to read them. Suffice to say, this has been an ongoing battle. The truly annoying part is that I am constantly tired. The current theory is that the antibiotics I took for the pneumonia did a number on me and things still aren't back to the balanced levels. Avosh (Turkish term for slowly).

And back to the upside. The weather here is AWESOME! It's been sunny and warm since Saturday. I am loving it. I hear some people still have snow. Nanna nanna boo boo :P
Yesterday I sat on the terrazzo reading and relaxing in the sun. Terrazzo is what I decided to call my roof which is flat concrete slab with 4' high wall around it. Apparently it's a good idea to know the meaning of words before you use them. Terrazzo has something to do with either mosaic or polished marble. Neither of which are present on my roof top terrace, though I do have an abundance of extra clay roofing tiles for some reason. Oh and a bathtub. Don't ask me. Now I'm gonna have to come up with another term for my terrace.

Yesterday I taught an after-school vocab session. Last week we covered food but yesterday I brought in pictures of the foods because a lot of them are not available in Albania. I taught at least 4 girls the difference between pumpkin and squash (they use the same word kungull for both). I also taught them about vs. and explained the definition of versus.
I have my Homework Help club later today and again tomorrow.

My audio project is still on hold. I will keep you posted. Thanks again everyone.

3 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

Hey James,
Have you tried Ciprinol? Go to the farmacie and get 4 tablets (I htink they are 500 mg each) Take two today and two tomorrow. It cleared up my tummy troubles right away!
Good Luck!
Kim

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James - the antibiotics kill the good bacteria in your intestines, also, and not on purpose, but that is the nature of the medicine. Try to eat a lot of yogurt ( loaded with good bacteria) or buy some probiotic pills and take them to help restore the balance in your tummy. -AC

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Jeroen said...

Hi James, nice blog. I hope to visit Berat again in May for In Your Pocket guides - can you pls get in touch? jva [at] inyourpocket[dot] com. Faleminderit.
PS - tried Norit or similar, those black coal pills that absorb all the bad stuff?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home