that's our james

Disclaimer: This is my blog. No one else's. This is what I think about stuff. If others think the same thing, it's up to them to express it. The sole purpose of my writings is to keep my friends and family informed. My opinions are just that, opinions so don't get to worked up if something offends you. Thanks.

21 May 2007

Bummed in Beautiful Belgrade...

I just got back from a conference in Belgrade, Serbia. Upon my return I was traveling a bit lighter. During my stay and or travels, my phone, flash drive, and Swiss Army knife disappeared. Hence, I am bummed.
None of it really makes sense of course. First my phone. It's doubtful that it fell out of my pocket or that I just left it on the table in some cafe. I suppose it's possible that it was stolen out of my pocket but I keep it in that little coin pocket above your jean's right pocket. You'd think I would notice if someone removed the phone from my pocket. I suppose thieves are pretty adept thievery though.
Now for the flash drive, there's a chance that I never brought it. However I do remember writing it down on my packing list because the hostel had lots of music I could download. Borrowing some music from my new friends at the hostel was definitely a high priority!
Sadness settles in my soul for the Swiss Army knife (forgive my melodramatic tendencies today). The knife was a gift from Shawn and Shannon. Not only did it have the requisite blades and gadgets but it also had my name on it. And I love things with my name on it. The disappearance of this item is most confusing. I know I had it in my bag because I tried to carry-on my backpack but had to check it because of the knife. I kept my backpack locked in a locker the whole time I was in Belgrade. Plus, in order to get to the knife, one would have to pass some quality chewing gum, $50, and 30Euros. Was any of that missing? Nooooo.
Today I am working on replacing my phone. Getting all my contacts again will be annoying. The flash drive was not a big deal. The knife is irreplaceable.

OK, next time I will detail the beautiful part of my Belgrade trip.

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh James, Sorry you got bummed in Belgrade. But we are glad you are back. So, whats your new phone number? And, is the midwest mixer still on for this week?

David

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! Midwest mixer!! That's hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home