that's our james

Disclaimer: This is my blog. No one else's. This is what I think about stuff. If others think the same thing, it's up to them to express it. The sole purpose of my writings is to keep my friends and family informed. My opinions are just that, opinions so don't get to worked up if something offends you. Thanks.

04 May 2007

gray skies are gonna clear up...

Today is a good day.
It's good because it's not bad. There's nothing particularly good about today. I'm just happy that it's not bad. The last couple days, things have not been going too smoothly. Nothing catastrophic, just everything below par.
Tuesday saw the return of my tummy troubles. I had stopped taking some medication on Thursday and Monday I thought that all was well again. Tuesday I found out otherwise. I called our medical office. He's stumped. He said he'll get back to me. Obviously I didn't wait for his call (which is a good thing since I'd still be waiting), I tried tactic #23: activated charcoal. You take this charcoal powder and mix it into water. You drink at least a litre of this black, chalky liquid each day. Yummy. After drinking the stuff for two days, I saw a moderate improvement. However, this remedy also did not last. Today I am going to try #24 acidophiles (I tried it once before). You're probably wondering why I am happier today even though my troubles continue. The difference today is that I am not exhausted from doing nothing. I woke up today in good spirits and feeling awake. That's always a plus.
Another thing adding to my good day is decent Internet. Now I realize I am fortunate to have decent Internet access at my office. However, this does not prevent me from being frustrated by dial-up-esq speeds. I am trying to do a lot of planning for my upcoming conference in Belgrade and my trip with Mona. Figuring out the transportation and lodging is bad enough.
Doing it with crappy Internet is maddening.
And lastly, it's not raining today. Now it's not sunny either but remember this week I'm shooting for average not awesome. Plus I know that summer is coming. I am really looking forward to hot summer afternoons in my kiddie pool on my balcony.
I hope all of you have an awesome day and weekend. Don't forget Cinco de Mayo this Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home