that's our james

Disclaimer: This is my blog. No one else's. This is what I think about stuff. If others think the same thing, it's up to them to express it. The sole purpose of my writings is to keep my friends and family informed. My opinions are just that, opinions so don't get to worked up if something offends you. Thanks.

13 August 2007

Patriotic promotion...


Above: Our Model UN team (notice map behind us)
Below: Officemates: Axhem, Vali, and Doni (or something like that, I just found out that I might be calling him the wrong name for the last year)


One of the goals of Peace Corps is to promote America. Of course they word it a bit better but that's at least part of the idea. One of the awesome things about Albania is that they love us. It's nice to be respected just because you were born on a particular chunk of land, especially since that's not the response my nationality might evoke in many other places.

So when the Fourth of July rolled around this year, I wanted to celebrate with a little bit of American patriotism. I carried a sheet of American flag stickers and gave them out all day. I even gave some to complete strangers who came into City Hall for business. They actually asked for one and I was happy to oblige.

You'll notice the white cups in the second picture. Those are filled with ice cream. By coincidence they had bought ice cream and by a even better coincidence, they ended up having an extra. And you know I HAD to eat it. It's was the 4th of July!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home