that's our james

Disclaimer: This is my blog. No one else's. This is what I think about stuff. If others think the same thing, it's up to them to express it. The sole purpose of my writings is to keep my friends and family informed. My opinions are just that, opinions so don't get to worked up if something offends you. Thanks.

09 June 2006

You are cordially invited…

On 16 June 2006, I James Williams will become a Peace Corps volunteer. All friends and family are invited; please RSVP to Mr. Williams by 14 June. Key-note speakers include U.S. ambassador and the President of Albania and Katie of Berat (see all the cool kids are sent to Berat).
I am almost there. I can see the finish line on the horizon. Soon I will be a graduate of PST University (Pre-Service Training). Yeah, that’s right. I finished a university in 3 months. If you average my two stints in universities (6 yrs and 3 months divided by 2), it’s a pretty impressive 3.125 yrs for my undergraduate degree.
We have a few more days of sessions and formalities and we’re done. Yay. Let the fun begin.
Congratulations are also in order for my group. We started with 40 trainees and are swearing-in 40 volunteers. Normally 25-30% of volunteers quit early. Granted it is still early and we still have more and greater difficulties coming, all forty of us survived the initial phase.
Three months down 24 months to go 

1 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Go brother!!! U 'da smart one!!!! Uh, and I won't make the ceremony :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home