that's our james

Disclaimer: This is my blog. No one else's. This is what I think about stuff. If others think the same thing, it's up to them to express it. The sole purpose of my writings is to keep my friends and family informed. My opinions are just that, opinions so don't get to worked up if something offends you. Thanks.

01 December 2006

Stick a fork in me…

Mos merak! (Don’t worry)
Thanksgiving was AweSome!
I had a great dinner at the home of woman who works at the Embassy. I was there with Kate & David who don’t get to see enough since they live in the far south. We were the only ones from Peace Corps. It was nice to spend some time outside of our instant group. Another couple joined us with their two kids. We feasted on all things Thanksgiving. I really had a great time and am very grateful for the hospitality of our hosts. The other couple even offered to let me stay at their house if I wanted. That turned out not to be necessary but they went out of their way to drive me to where I was staying.
Speaking of where I stayed, whew doggies. It too was AweSome. A large group of us, around 11 volunteers ended up crashing at this guy’s house. He has lots of room and he had lots of leftovers. And “had” is mos def the right word. You’d be impressed at how quickly freeloading volunteers can polish off all the leftovers and then sum. Our host was amazingly hospitable and even invited us back. The day after Thanksgiving I left only to go to the PC office for a required flu shot. Otherwise I would have been completely content to stay and be a big ol’ bum. What can I say, I stick to my strengths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home