that's our james

Disclaimer: This is my blog. No one else's. This is what I think about stuff. If others think the same thing, it's up to them to express it. The sole purpose of my writings is to keep my friends and family informed. My opinions are just that, opinions so don't get to worked up if something offends you. Thanks.

13 July 2006

The sad stuff…

Last week I encountered one of the more troubling and disheartening sites. As Katie and I walked home from an amazing, late night dinner, walking across the pedestrian bridge we came upon a little boy sitting cross-legged on the bridge. He was alone. He didn’t move as the few people out at this time of the evening passed by him, nor did they seem to notice him either. As we drew closer, I realized that the poor child was asleep. My heart sank just seeing him asleep while begging on the bridge.
Here, beggars are not limited to adults or adults with their children. In fact, several children are constantly paroling the streets asking for money. I have also learned of the practice of trafficking children for the purpose of begging. Trafficking in all forms is a huge problem in Albania. I guess that’s why I’m here. If families have work and cities are able to assist those in need, people are not so desperate that they are caught in the schemes of traffickers.

1 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Save them James! You can do it! After all, you've managed to rescue me more than once :) Love ya Brother!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home