that's our james

Disclaimer: This is my blog. No one else's. This is what I think about stuff. If others think the same thing, it's up to them to express it. The sole purpose of my writings is to keep my friends and family informed. My opinions are just that, opinions so don't get to worked up if something offends you. Thanks.

04 July 2006

Oh say can you see…

Happy Independence Day!
This is my first July 4th out of the country. Weird.
Luckily I am heading to a cookout at another volunteer’s place. On the 7th I will head to Tirana for a celebration at the private residence of the ambassador. The home of the Ambassador is located in the American Compound. Seriously, that’s what they call it. I want to laugh every time. Also amusing is the description of the area where all the embassies and support functions are located. It’s called The Block. Supposedly it is a little slice of America. We’ll see.
I had to call in some favors from some very influential people in order to reserve a ticket because the availability was so limited. Oh wait, I don’t actually know any influential people. Does shaking the hand of the president count as knowing him? I basically just got lucky in getting a ticket. I called the person in charge of tickets instead of emailing or messaging. She said that she had several emails and messages that she hadn’t read yet requesting tickets. Only 15 tickets were made available to PCV so I didn’t think I would get one. Fortunately, since I actually called, I got one. Score!
On a completely unrelated note, I just found out that I have been doing the grammar of possession wrong. Who knew? I thought I understood genitive case (possession). Nope, not so much. I checked my language book for clarification and in the process found this little gem: “For Genetive Case, the indefinite is different than the indefinite, the indefinite is definite.” OMG. Dig you get that? Does it sound confusing? It is. I wrote it and even know what it’s referring to and I don’t understand those notes. Just for a little clarification, indefinite refers to nouns using “a” and “an”, while definite is “the”.
I’m definitely, indefinitely out of here.

3 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Mona said...

I'll explain the grammar to you when we talk on the phone next since I'm obviously a master of languages (chya). :)

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger james said...

I'm a busy man bryan. however please accept my sincere apologies. In the future I will make every effort to satisfy your update needs.
LOL

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Grammar? What grammar? Don't they have eubonics? Masta that bro!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home